On 12/9/2014 1:39 PM, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> ::Wiki-ish Sounds::
>
> Wikipedia has other similar quotations, and I'm sure that Wikiquote
> would too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor
>
> But this is a very nice extension, just the same.

  *shrug* It isn't a complicated extension, so I would be totally
unsurprised to learn that someone else came up with a nearly identical
sentiment.  I called it Elasait's Corollary to Hanlon's Razor; here is
the original wording I produced (in 1998 when I was redoing the Calontir
Seneschal Handbook, ye gods, has it been that long?)

 1.

    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
    stupidity. Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately
    explained by poor communication. Always assume communication
    failure, even if it looks unlikely. (Elasait's corollary to Hanlon's
    Razor)

I didn't bother yesterday to look through my files to find the original
wording, because laziness. :)

Elasait