Patrick, you are far more charitable in your opinions of motivation than I. I very much agree with Tibor as well, but I feel its rather clear that at least some of the individuals involved had a very clear intent and utilized far less than scrupulous methods in pursuing their agenda. Regardless of anyone's opinion regarding the issue at hand, the survey and subsequent presentation of "data" from it are wholly useless.

Eringlin

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Anderson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 12:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Proposed Peerage for Masters of Defense

I am about to paraphrase a person, who will be anonymous here for various reasons, who worked on the survey committee. After I heard this I got some more information from others that make me believe it.

The statements:
1. The survey was poorly written. It was designed, consciously or subconsciously (and I truly believe the latter), to elicit information that would be skewed certain ways.

2. The presentation was extremely biased, and very much created with an agenda in mind.

That is what I was told, and I recognize that providing anonymous information is really pointless, but it is what it is. Looking at the survey and presentation from position of not being educated in polling but being very educated in trying to convince people of your views, I tend to agree with my friend.

Gabriel

--
Patrick Anderson
"No matter how much you feed the wolf,