On 12/9/2014 1:39 PM, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
::Wiki-ish Sounds::

Wikipedia has other similar quotations, and I'm sure that Wikiquote
would too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

But this is a very nice extension, just the same.

 *shrug* It isn't a complicated extension, so I would be totally unsurprised to learn that someone else came up with a nearly identical sentiment.  I called it Elasait's Corollary to Hanlon's Razor; here is the original wording I produced (in 1998 when I was redoing the Calontir Seneschal Handbook, ye gods, has it been that long?)
  1. Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by poor communication. Always assume communication failure, even if it looks unlikely. (Elasait's corollary to Hanlon's Razor)

I didn't bother yesterday to look through my files to find the original wording, because laziness. :)

Elasait