Our recent losses make one think about the past and future. What will happen to all our neat SCA stuff? Everyone should have at least a discussion with loved ones regarding their "SCA will", if not an actual legal document. And these can be hard thoughts. I asked Gerald Goodwine what he would want done with the Great Machine. I don't have the passion to set up and run it, yet it is not just a project to display on the shelf, but requires use. He is still thinking about that. None of our bio-children are anywhere near a place in life to manage it, and may or may not ever develop the passion.
Also, your local herald can assist with registering a "heraldic will" - that makes it easier to deal with permission to conflict questions. There are a variety of options. You can even will your complete arms to another person.
This post brought to you by the knight's chain, belt & armor that was found for sale at an estate auction.

Eleanor Deyeson