I do so love my knight, and not just because I agree with him.  Comment to the BOD, people, no matter how you feel. Be polite. Be clear and concise. Be proactive. Use your voice.

Bess, not a rapier fighter, not even on TV

From: Clayton Neff
Tibor -

  The Board has recently circulated potential language for changes
  to Corpora to support a possible new Peerage for Rapier.  They
  are asking for commentary.

I have responded once, and will probably do so again. However, the fact that they are asking for commentary on the wording tells me they have already accepted as fact that they are going to create one. They just want blessing on their wording.

  One of the codicils at the end (I'll quote it below), seems to move
  rapier from an ancillary activity that Kingdoms may or may not
  choose to support, to one that they must support.

I think that "must" is too strong a word. As a kingdom, we don't HAVE to do anything, except have an armored combat tournament periodically to choose a new crown. We don't HAVE to recognize anyone for anything else, if we choose not to. Granted, that would be kind of pointless, but if that is what the majority of people want...

  How would this impact Calontir?

I don't think it will at all, to start. Assuming this new peerage is created, there will be almost immediate pressure to implement an award structure similar to those we have for other activities. That pressure will be met with a HUGE backlash, setting back the entire practice of Calon Steel across the kingdom. The fact that the bulk of the pressure would come from outside the kingdom is irrelevant. We will see a repeat of the fiasco that happened two decades ago when fencing was first proposed here.

I personally am so opposed to this new peerage that _I_ will do everything I can to not acknowledge it.

-- Logan --

Warranted Calon Steel Marshal & Combatant

Warranted Armored Combat Marshal & Combatant

KSCA