Calontir is reluctant to change. That has been a bit of a detriment and something of an advantage over the years. It's a part of our culture.

And frankly, the SCA has never, to my knowledge, cared overmuch about what other reenactment groups think of us. We do our thing, and cheerfully encourage others to do theirs.

I don't have a dog in this race; the SCA will do what it does, and we will survive as we always have. If a rapier peerage encourages people to join us so that all we have worked for doesn't go the way of the Dodo, great. But I rather doubt that will happen. I'd like to see more work done towards retaining members of all ages, but then, that's a mindset I'm well known for, I'm not likely to change that.

I will say this, though; I don't like the name Master/Mistress of Defense. But that's just me.

YIS,

Hywela

Tá súil agam ach mo chroí