Tibor, you said:

While, on paper, the Chivalry are just an award for being
excellent at knocking bodies with sticks, in practice the
Chivalry are the inspiration and source for everything we
have ever come to be as an organization and the men and
women in it take that inspirational role very seriously.
Please don't tell me you subscribe to that theory some people espouse, that the fighters make the SCA and everyone else is just window dressing.

~Melisende

Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

~Jacob A. Riis