If the subject of the message had been something other than "Meridies First Arts and Sciences Tournament", perhaps more people would have noticed.

I am quite sorry to hear of his death, actually.  But I did almost delete your message unread.

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:16:37 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Meridies First Arts and Sciences Tournament--following Calontir's Queens Prize Tournament Model
To: [log in to unmask]

wow!!!!   no one knew Alastair Aeyalweard /Shane or even
cares????     geez

At 04:51 PM 12/30/2014, you wrote:

Sounds very interesting, though
Murfreesboro TN is a pretty good haul, as is about anything else in
Meridies.  For anyone who may be interested in volunteering to
judge, the Velvet Owl is an AOA level award, equivalent to our Swan or
Mallet, so you don't have to be a Hammer or Lily to help out if you're so
inclined; checking their awards page, Meridies does not seem to have the
GOA A&S structure that Calontir does, so it opens a lot of judging
experience opportunities to any Calontiri who might be able to make
it.

The Vault of Valhalla (Dulcibella and I) was accepted to merchant at Gulf
this year, so my long-distance traveling is going to be kind of
day-trippish for at least the first two-and-a-half months of the year so
that I can get some casting and finishing done for Gulf (Maybe afterward
depending on orders brought home from there), but this looks like a great
opportunity get out and support Society A&S.

HL Paul Adler

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Tapp, Donyll
<
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Greetings Calontir,

I wanted to share with you the first attempt at a Arts and Sciences
Tournament along the lines of Queens Prize Tournament for Meridies! I am
so happy for our cousins.

Ishmala

Greetings and good wishes from Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillour
to my most Noble Cousins in the Order of the Laurel.

I would like to invite you to a new event for us. (Our Calontir
Cousins might recognize many of the features of our faire as we used
their Queen's Prize Tourney as an inspiration.) This was our announcement
to the populace:

Announcing the Meridian Stella Nova Novice Arts and Sciences Faire!
The first run of this faire will take place at Menhir on Jan. 24, 2015
instead of the traditional Regional Faire.

This faire is geared towards novices who haven't entered many A &
S faires and are interested in learning more about the process.

What is unique about this faire? By having sponsors to help guide and
mentor you, the mystery can be taken out of the process of creating,
documenting, and entering arts and sciences faire entries. Every entrant
will receive a gift from a sponsor (not their own sponsor.) There will be
two Grand Prizes, one is the Queen's Prize, the other is a Judges'
Prize.

The Members of the Order of the Laurel will be sponsoring (and
mentoring) up to five entrants in the faire. Laurels and members of the
Order of the Velvet Owl (or out of Kingdom equivalent) will act as
judges.

Entrants will use the faire guided documentation form located here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url…

for documentation and will receive feedback using one of the standard
faire judging forms:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url…

We are very excited about this new form of faire for us, and would
love to have you observe, judge, and/or give feedback on this faire.

Information about the event can be found here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url…

The event steward has also secured a discount rate for a near by
hotel:

To help our out-of-town guests attending Menhir (24 January
2015;
www.risingstone.org/menhir), we have arranged a group block contract
with Baymont Inn and Suites (2230 Armory Dr, Murfreesboro, TN 37129) at
$64+tax per night available Friday and Saturday (23-24 January 2015)
nights. You can call the Baymont
(615-896-1172) and ask for the
"SCA Group" block when making your reservation.

If you prefer other hotels, this Google link for area hotels may
help:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url… … YIS,

David le Ymagour

Event Steward for Menhir 2015

If I can answer any questions or help you in any way, please feel
free to contact me at

Yours in Service,

Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillou, OL, OP Coordinator of the Stella
Nova Novice A & S Faire

PS, I have also included a FAQ about the event.

1. What is the Stella Nova Arts and Sciences Faire?

This faire is geared towards novices who haven't entered many A &
S faires and are interested in l earning more about the process.

What is unique about this faire? By having sponsors to help guide and
mentor you, the mystery can be taken out of the process of creating,
documenting, and entering arts and sciences faire entries. Every entrant
will receive a gift from a sponsor (not their own sponsor.) There will be
two Grand Prizes, one is the Queen's Prize, the other is a Judges'
Prize.

The Members of the Order of the Laurel will be sponsoring (and
mentoring) up to five entrants in the faire. Laurels and members of the
Order of the Velvet Owl (or out of Kingdom equivalent) will act as
judges.

The first run of this faire will take place at Menhir on Jan. 24,
2015 instead of the traditional Regional Faire.

Registration for entrants, sponsors, and judges will open in
November.

2. Who can enter the Stella Nova Faire? Anyone who is new to entering
Kingdom or Regional A & S would be considered a novice for this
faire.

3. I don't know if I would be considered a 'novice' for this faire.
Who is a novice?

As a general rule, if you have entered 4 or less Kingdom A & S or
Regional Faires in the last 10 years. The sponsors should be able to
answer this for you, but if there are any questions you can ask the
Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences, Mistress Dametta of Arundel at

[log in to unmask] or Stella Nova Coordinator,
Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillour at
maudeleyn@
pobox.com. 4. How do I find a sponsor? First, ask around with any
local Laurels or your local A & S officer. If they are unable to help
you, contact Mistress Maudeleyn at
[log in to unmask] There are Laurels
who have volunteered to sponsor entrants they may not even know! So far,
we have been able to match up several sponsors with entrants. Don’t let
this be the thing that stops you! 5. I don't know how to put together a
project, from research on up. How do I do that? This is another thing
your sponsor should be able to help you with. You don't have to do
something complex or groundbreaking, just nice, solid work. Your sponsor
should be able to help you find research, and learn how to use it most
effectively.

6. I am worried about documentation. How do I do that? Your sponsor
should help you with this, but we are asking that for this faire you use
the guided documentation forms found here:
:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url…

7. I don't know what the judges are looking for in an entry. How do I
learn? Again, your sponsor should help with this, but you can also look
at judging forms to prepare you for the kinds of things j udges are
looking for. They are found
here:
http://artsandsciences.meridies.org/faire/judging_forms.php

8. Can groups enter? Can I have a group entry and a single entry? You
are allowed ONE single entry and ONE entry as part of a group. The group
should all be novices as described above. Groups may have to split any
sponsor gifts or prizes.

If you need any other questions answered, please contact Mistress
Maudeleyn at

to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or
legally privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from all computers.

-- Manage your subscription at
http://listserv.unl.edu.
listserv.unl.edu lists do not
accept incoming email from Yahoo.com, AOL.com or Dropbox.com due to their
DMARC policies.

--

Vince Zahnle

COL, USA, Ret.