I enjoyed the book, the Brother Gardeners, by Andrea Wulf. Some great stories in there about Bartram and the early collectors.

Kathy

On Dec 10, 2014, at 12:27 PM, Emily S. Damstra wrote:

Amy, this one is an amazing (true) story about a female botanist and explorer:
The Discovery of Jeanne Baret: A Story of Science, the High Seas, and the First Woman to Circumnavigate the Globe
http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Jeanne-Baret-Science-Circumnavigate/dp/0307463532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418235853&sr=8-1&keywords=jeanne+botanist

---
Emily S. Damstra
natural science illustration