Thank you all for excellent suggestions on these books!

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Emily S. Damstra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Amy, this one is an amazing (true) story about a female botanist and explorer:
The Discovery of Jeanne Baret: A Story of Science, the High Seas, and the First Woman to Circumnavigate the Globe
http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Jeanne-Baret-Science-Circumnavigate/dp/0307463532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418235853&sr=8-1&keywords=jeanne+botanist

---
Emily S. Damstra
natural science illustration