Interesting. I do use a PPT program at the museum. Sometimes I set it to run on two screens. Mostly not.
At home I have not tried to project the PPT program. I use it mainly to project a working drawing or final sketch onto the good paper. Those files are either .psd, .tiff or .jpeg.  I don't think I've tried a .pdf file.hmmm..

I have used the same VGA adaptor for several years, in workshops at the conference, various workshops, and at the museum. It seems to perform fine. But I will inspect the pins, regardless.

One thing I have noticed with pencil drawings projected. This also happened in the classroom at the last conference. The photos look fine. But any working drawing pencil sketch which could have been a JPEG or PDF of 150-300dpi, projected in a pitiful manner. Very pixelated. I asked the technician at the time could we get any better resolution out of it, and he looked at the Display preferences to see if we were using the highest res possible. Apparently we were.

So it remains curious. I have a series of workshops coming up and may have to do a test experiment using the same images, making notes of the resolution settings of the computer and any other influence.

Cheers, I'll look at what you mentioned.
L.
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615