My favorite is Rose Entomology. The size and depth of the pin hole don't change and there are no steps to get in the way.

http://www.roseentomology.com/Professional_Pinning_Block.htm

In wooden step-style blocks the steps can get in the way of the labels or specimens. If the pin hole isn't "crisp" points tend to bend upward. Occasionally depth can change in wooden blocks. Worst of all, different wooden blocks can be mistaken for one another which leads to different label heights.

Mike