I don't know if a blog post would suffice. But the following lays out all
the criticisms of the QE programs that heterodox types have made and also
explains how they function to some extent. Might be useful.

https://fixingtheeconomists.wordpress.com/2013/09/25/how-does-qe-work-and-what-does-it-really-do/

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Eric Hake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Greetings Colleagues,
>
> I would like to share a longer magazine length article with my students
> regarding the in/effectiveness of Quantitative Easing.  The beginning of
> such a program by the ECB seems to provide a convenient
> opportunity to open old wounds.
>
> Would anyone here have a go to article for this, accessible to
> undergraduates?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions, links, tips,
>
> Eric Hake
>
> --
>
> *Eric R. Hake*
>

> *Associate Professor, Economics Department Chair, Business & Economics
> Secretary-Treasurer, Association For Evolutionary Economics www.afee.net
> <http://www.afee.net>*
>
> CATAWBA COLLEGE
> *Scholarship.  Character.  Culture.  Service.*
>
> Ketner 212, 2300 W. Innes St. Salisbury, NC 28144-2441
> 704-637-4293
> 704-637-4491 (fax)

Philip Pilkington

Tel: 0044(0)7857233946