I don't know if a blog post would suffice. But the following lays out all the criticisms of the QE programs that heterodox types have made and also explains how they function to some extent. Might be useful.

https://fixingtheeconomists.wordpress.com/2013/09/25/how-does-qe-work-and-what-does-it-really-do/