This is such sad news. I remember meeting Bob in New Orleans when he gave his first AFEE presentation. We sat and talked for a long time afterwards. The intelligence that he brought to the study of real economies impressed me greatly and continued to impress me over the years. We have lost someone special.
From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Wolfram Elsner [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [AFEEMAIL] AW: [AFEEMAIL] Bob Prasch
Sorry for late reaction. morning in Europe now. And this news first. What a shock!
Bob was in boston, few weeks ago …
We all here in Bremen lively remember that bob’s presidential address some years ago was among the best we had ever heard.
How sad …
Dr Wolfram Elsner
Professor of Economics, University of Bremen, Business Studies & Economics
iino – Institute of Institutional & Innovation Economics, http://elsner.iino.uni-bremen.de/de/.
* President, 2012-16, EAEPE—European Assoc for Evolutionary Political Economy.
* Adjunct Prof, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Doctoral Faculty, Economics Dept.
* Managing Editor, FSE—Forum for Social Economics, Taylor&Francis.
* NEW TEXTBOOK: MICROECONOMICS of Complex Economies. Evolutionary, Institutional, Neoclassical and Complexity Perspectives, Amsterdam, Boston et al.: Elsevier/Academic Pr., 2014, with T. Heinrich and H. Schwardt; http://store.elsevier.com/The-Microeconomics-of-Complex-Economies/Wolfram-Elsner/isbn-9780124115859/,
* Trust and Arena Size. Expectations, Institutions, General Trust, and Critical Population and Group Sizes, JoIE—Journal of Institutional Economics, 10.1, 2014, 107-134.
* Ed., Special Issue games, „Game Theory and Institutional Economics“, 2014; http://www.mdpi.com/journal/games/special_issues/game_theory_instit_econom.
* From Emergent Cooperation to Contextual Trust, and to General Trust: Overlapping Meso-Sized Interaction Arenas and Cooperation Platforms as a Foundation of Pro-Social Behavior, with H. Schwardt, FSE—Forum for Social Economics 44.1, 2015, 69-86; http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07360932.2014.980751.
* Social Economics and Evolutionary Institutionalism Today. Theoretical Components and “Heterodox” Convergence in a Socio-Economic Perspective, FSE—Forum for Social Economics, 44, 2015 (forthcoming), http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07360932.2014.964744.
I'm very sorry to inform the AFEE community that Bob Prasch died this past weekend. I'm waiting for information from the chair of the Middlebury department and will pass this on when I have it.
John F. Henry
Department of Economics
University of Missouri-Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110-2449
Email: [log in to unmask]