From: Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Jan 6, 2015 1:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Help!!!

The Journal Needs You!

The JNSI editorial staff could use some help gathering special topic articles and ongoing help with article collection!

1] SIGNS AND MURALS WRANGLER: Tips, ideas, materials, pitfalls and problems, what works and what doesn't, working with clients on these long-range projects, research, planning, etc. A "Special Wrangler" (or a small team) would help gather and organize articles and images to use in this issue. This would be a one-time position. It would probably be more helpful if you had some experience and expertise in signs and murals, but that isn't essential. You would not need to edit the articles, although some preliminary editing would certainly be welcome.

2] FRISKET WRANGLER: We would also like to have a special feature on using friskets, and could use a Special Wrangler for this topic. Same idea as above, also a one-time deal; we need authors and images. This could be one big article or several smaller ones. Uses for friskets in media other than watercolor may be explored.

2] FREE-RANGE WRANGLERS NEEDED: We can always use people who are willing to help on an ongoing basis, to identify potential articles and work with authors to get their articles and images to the editing stage. It takes quite a bit of time for us to do this for every issue, and we are grateful for any help you can offer.

3] ARTICLES NEEDED (ALWAYS!): If you have an idea for an topic, either an article that you will write or one that you would like to see addressed in future issues, please let us know! Do you know anything about encaustics? Are you good at acrylics? How about Adobe Illustrator? Did you recently discover a great book to review, or an author you think might be interesting to the rest of the members? Do you have a business question, or a great management idea for your studio that you would like to share, or a bit of equipment that you discovered or maybe even built for your studio? Please consider sharing with all of us, we welcome your ideas!

Clara Richardson, [log in to unmask]
Gail Guth, [log in to unmask]

--
Gail Guth