I assume an artist has to be very proactive about reminding the author to send the author/artist
agreement to the Journal when less than full copyright is in the work agreement? Do Journals just
assume if the author signs over full copyright, that means the art as well.  It just seems like
policing this stuff would be nearly impossible; and that trying to clean up the mess afterward is a
good way to never work for those authors again.