Hi Mary Liz,
the flight behavior is certainly species specific to some extent. In Ivory Coast, Oryctes came to light regularly, but mostly did not come to the sheet but landed in a distance of up to 10 m (meters that is, not miles). They flew a bit later than the dung beetles, and untill 23 hrs or midnight. I don't know if they fly longer since I mostly shut down my light before midnight.
In general the flight activity of scarabs (and others) was highest in the three nights following a strong rain. There were never "high numbers" at the light, but I did not collect close to palm plantations.
Cheers

Frank

Dr. Frank-T. Krell
Curator of Entomology