That is AWESOME news.....
You do incredible work.....
Bronwyn

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:41:44 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CALONTIR] A neat excursion to Barony of Dragonship Haven
To: [log in to unmask]

OK, so I can't wait any longer.  Just got the poster, have to tell someone.

In October of last year, a gentleman by the name of Joshua Foer contacted me regarding an interview about my instruments and my little cottage industry.  Little did I know what it would become.

So Monday, I am leaving Grimfells for Yale country for a few days.  After arriving and getting settled in, I have a curator guided tour of the Yale collection of musical instruments.  Then a meet and greet, followed by an on-stage interview at The institute Library and a poster signing afterwards.  Then a special guest dinner, another night in a hotel and back home Wednesday.

This series, "The Amateur Hour", focuses on folks without formal training who have a passion and understanding of unusual things and allow those things to take over their lives.  SCA, anyone?

The interview will be recorded and placed in the Library of Congress archives (lots are, but so far none involving me...)

They are paying for everything, and a bit of an honorarium.  This whole thing is a first for me - paying for 2 nights in a nice hotel, food, taxi fare AND leaving a bit of money on the night table.  Wasn't treated that well even in my younger days when I might have been worth it.

Anyway, here is a link to the site promoting this thing

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/amateur-hour-no-16-instruments-of-antiquity-featuring-christopher-nogy-tickets-15716932769

Any of our East Kingdom members on the list, I hope you can come out to Barony of Dragonship Haven - I am trying to assure there will be time to visit folks after the evening's activities, I really don't want to end up all that way without spending a little SCA time.

Tuesday ought to be fun

Chris