I think it's exciting that lately we've seen groups experimenting with
different format/presentation ideas for feasts, such as the noon feast at
Spring Coronation, and this integrated one at Chieftains.  Especially since
the theme for this Chieftains is the Carnevale di Venezia, combining the
food with entertainment that is ongoing and participatory (rather than
occasional and passive) seems brilliant.  Bummer the feast fee is tacked on
to site fee, but it does look like they're doing a conscientious job
including some options for those with diet restrictions (a menu like this,
where my husband could try a quarter of the dishes, is rare.)

Also really cool they picked as a theme an event that happened around this
time of year.  Not that I'd want all events should conform to such (March
events needing to be pre-Christian or late period to offer cheese or eggs?
Bleah.) just that it kinda adds to the magic when there's an event that
does pull it off.

Thinking about food this time of year... if a "lacto-vegetarian" diet
includes no animal products besides dairy, does that make the medieval
lenten diet "pisci-vegetaian?" :)

Ingibiƍrg