I think it's exciting that lately we've seen groups experimenting with different format/presentation ideas for feasts, such as the noon feast at Spring Coronation, and this integrated one at Chieftains.  Especially since the theme for this Chieftains is the Carnevale di Venezia, combining the food with entertainment that is ongoing and participatory (rather than occasional and passive) seems brilliant.  Bummer the feast fee is tacked on to site fee, but it does look like they're doing a conscientious job including some options for those with diet restrictions (a menu like this, where my husband could try a quarter of the dishes, is rare.)

Also really cool they picked as a theme an event that happened around this time of year.  Not that I'd want all events should conform to such (March events needing to be pre-Christian or late period to offer cheese or eggs?  Bleah.) just that it kinda adds to the magic when there's an event that does pull it off.

Thinking about food this time of year... if a "lacto-vegetarian" diet includes no animal products besides dairy, does that make the medieval lenten diet "pisci-vegetaian?" :)

Ingibiƍrg

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Gwendolyn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Following is the menu for Chieftains. We're doing something a bit different that we hope everyone will enjoy. Included in your site fee is an amazing dinner, served during an evening masked ball. Hope to see everyone there!
Yours in service,
Gwendolyn verch Morgaine
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: [log in to unmask]
Date: February 22, 2015, 8:21:09 PM CST
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [B3R List] Chieftains Menu Update

Chieftains Menu Update: Due to the current prices of certain ingredients there have been a few changes to the menu. Plus I didn't think I had enough protein available for the vegetarians/vegans.  The updated menu is:

Lucanian Sausages (pork sausages w/fennel)
Carbonata (fried ham & bacon w/lemon sauce)
DeRomania (chicken in pomegranate)
Fungi di Monte (mushrooms sauteed w/spices)
Stuffed Eggs (medieval deviled eggs)
Eggs Otherwise (roasted eggs dressed w/balsamic vinegar)
Fava Beans Another Preparation (fava beans w/green herbs and onion)
Italian Bread Rolls
A Fine and Marvelous Walnut Bread (walnut bread)
Variety of Cheeses per Platina
Fresh Fruits per Platina
Candied Almonds, Pecans and Walnuts (spiced nuts)
Cucumbers in the Tuscan Style (salted cucumbers)
Carrots and Celery Served Natural
Brined Olives
Torta (fruit tarts)
Snow and Little Morsels (whip cream and biscotti)
A Grand Blatancy of a Subtlety (gingerbread, sugar glass, marzipan)

We've tried very hard to accommodate all dietary humors, restrictions and tastes. If you have any concerns or questions please contact Rowan Houndskeeper = [log in to unmask] or Cathus the Curious via FB.

(can someone please pass this along to the CalonList)?