I'm glad you like it. As a vegan, I know that I am restricted from eating many things on the table, but Rowan has done a wonderful job of trying to accommodate various dietary restrictions and making herself available to those with concerns. I'm sure I won't leave hungry. Ingredients will be clearly labeled on the back side of the labels for each dish, so going to the side board should be easy. And adding $5 to the site fee to include dinner is cheaper than even running for a fast food value meal for dinner. We all have to eat, and this provides an opportunity for people who might not normally try feast or medieval foods to do so on their own terms at a really affordable price. See you there!

Gwendolyn
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2015, at 10:46 PM, Caitlin Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think it's exciting that lately we've seen groups experimenting with different format/presentation ideas for feasts, such as the noon feast at Spring Coronation, and this integrated one at Chieftains.  Especially since the theme for this Chieftains is the Carnevale di Venezia, combining the food with entertainment that is ongoing and participatory (rather than occasional and passive) seems brilliant.  Bummer the feast fee is tacked on to site fee, but it does look like they're doing a conscientious job including some options for those with diet restrictions (a menu like this, where my husband could try a quarter of the dishes, is rare.)
>
> Also really cool they picked as a theme an event that happened around this time of year.  Not that I'd want all events should conform to such (March events needing to be pre-Christian or late period to offer cheese or eggs?  Bleah.) just that it kinda adds to the magic when there's an event that does pull it off.
>
> Thinking about food this time of year... if a "lacto-vegetarian" diet includes no animal products besides dairy, does that make the medieval lenten diet "pisci-vegetaian?" :)
>
> Ingibiƍrg
>
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Gwendolyn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Following is the menu for Chieftains. We're doing something a bit different that we hope everyone will enjoy. Included in your site fee is an amazing dinner, served during an evening masked ball. Hope to see everyone there!
>> Yours in service,
>> Gwendolyn verch Morgaine
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> Begin forwarded message: