I don't personally have an issue with it being folded in.  I really like the idea of doing a combination, since it fits so well with the theme.  But as for needing controls... I think most people, especially scadians, tend to want to be honest (especially if it's made easy.)  An explanation of expectations (this is not vigil food or a "taste of Calontir" but food to be paid for, whether you want a meal or just a small snack) and a prominent box with a slot and a big note for those who change their minds about wanting food...  It's really the same principle as not checking site tokens, isn't it?  (And there's another bit of IKA.)

Ingibiƍrg