So noted.  Volkmar says "no problem."
-- Isadora

On 2/15/2015 10:47 PM, J M wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
can someone bring an extra gauntlet style single sword, mine is out of commission and with the low ceilings...

thanks,

JM

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 22:24:18 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Cub Scout Demo this Friday
To: [log in to unmask]

Okay, four fighters have "signed on" -- Killian, JM, Felix & Volkmar.
Natalya agreed to emcee.
Morgana and I can help with "crowd control" to make sure the scouts don't get too close to the action.
Zino, you talked about fighting if necessary. It looks like we have enough fighters, but -- if you still want to help --  you could help constable, too.
Thank you, everyone, for volunteering to help!

I will ask them to move the tables so fighters will have a bit more space.  I'll also find out which entrance they'd prefer we use and exactly what space it will be in -- although I'm guessing lunch room, given the tables.

So, see you all on Friday.  Be sure to give yourself enough time to get geared up -- plan on being ready at least 15 minutes early, so 6:45 pm.
THANK you all for helping!
-- Isadora

Here the basic info again:
  • Who:  Cub Scout Pack 59 serving Kahoa and Meadow Lane Elementary Schools.
  • What:  An SCA fighting demo for their annual Blue and Gold Banquet
  • When:  Friday, February 20.  Demo at about 7 pm, after their dinner (which starts at 6:15 pm), meeting and award distribution.
  • Where: Kahoa Elementary School, 7700 Leighton Avenue. Specific room information to follow.  I expect it'll probably be a gym or a lunch room -- I will post the specific room soon.
  • Contact: Sheryl Stine
  • Details:  The area is 55 ft long by 17 ft wide at this point, but can be made wider by remove a row of tables.  The ceilings are LOW -- 8 ft 3 inches!  No great swords in action at this demo!
The scouts themselves will be totally focused on the fighting, weapons and armor.  The parents may express more interest in non-fighting activities.  I'll make sure there are plenty of business cards to hand out with our web info.