Don't know yet who all might be able to come.... will discuss at Moot.
-- Isadora

On 2/8/2015 11:32 PM, Patricia Galbraith wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
If you can use a non-fighter who's used to demo-talking, I can be there.  If you don't need me, just let me know.

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 23:19:14 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Cub Scout Demo on Friday, Feb 20
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi, Mag Mor  -- especially the fighters -- It's cub scout demo time!
Here the basic info:
  • Who:  Cub Scout Pack 59 serving Kahoa and Meadow Lane Elementary Schools.
  • What:  An SCA fighting demo for their annual Blue and Gold Banquet
  • When:  Friday, February 20.  Demo at about 7 pm, after their dinner (which starts at 6:15 pm), meeting and award distribution.
  • Where: Kahoa Elementary School, 7700 Leighton Avenue. Specific room information to follow.  I expect it'll probably be a gym or a lunch room -- I will post the specific room soon.
  • Contact: Sheryl Stine
  • Details:  The area is 55 ft long by 17 ft wide at this point, but can be made wider by remove a row of tables.  The ceilings are LOW -- 8 ft 3 inches!  No great swords in action at this demo!
This sort of demo isn't a large time commitment -- probably 20 minutes of actual demo and 10-15 minutes of Q&A. Mostly it's about showing up early enough to get geared up and be ready to "perform" on time, sharing some educational bits about our time period, and letting people know about the SCA -- locally and world-wide.  It works best if there's at least 4 fighters and 1 emcee/narrator/speaker.  Showing off some of the more obvious, visual A&S stuff is fine -- some showy garb, a banner, etc.  The scouts themselves will be totally focused on the fighting, weapons and armor.  The parents may express more interest in non-fighting activities.  I'll make sure there are plenty of business cards to hand out with our web info.

Please let me know if you are available to help.
Isadora