If you can use a non-fighter who's used to demo-talking, I can be there.  If you don't need me, just let me know.

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 23:19:14 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Cub Scout Demo on Friday, Feb 20
To: [log in to unmask]

    Hi, Mag Mor  -- especially the fighters -- It's cub scout demo
    time!

    Here the basic info:

      Who:  Cub
          Scout Pack 59 serving Kahoa and Meadow Lane Elementary
          Schools.
      What:  An
          SCA fighting demo for their annual Blue and Gold Banquet
      When:  Friday,
            February 20.  Demo at about 7 pm, after their dinner (which
            starts at 6:15 pm), meeting and award distribution.

          Where: Kahoa Elementary School, 7700 Leighton Avenue.
          Specific room information to follow.  I expect it'll probably
          be a gym or a lunch room -- I will post the specific room
          soon.
      Contact:
          Sheryl Stine
      Details:
          The area is 55 ft long by 17 ft wide at this point, but can be
          made wider by remove a row of tables.  The ceilings are LOW --
          8 ft 3 inches!  No great swords in action at this demo!

    This sort of demo isn't a large time commitment -- probably 20
      minutes of actual demo and 10-15 minutes of Q&A. Mostly it's
      about showing up early enough to get geared up and be ready to
      "perform" on time, sharing some educational bits about our time
      period, and letting people know about the SCA -- locally and
      world-wide.  It works best if there's at least 4 fighters and 1
      emcee/narrator/speaker.  Showing off some of the more obvious,
      visual A&S stuff is fine -- some showy garb, a banner, etc.
      The scouts themselves will be totally focused on the fighting,
      weapons and armor.  The parents may express more interest in
      non-fighting activities.  I'll make sure there are plenty of
      business cards to hand out with our web info.

    Please let me know if you are available to help.

      Isadora