OK.

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 20:22:13 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MAGMOR] Cub Scout Demo on Friday, Feb 20
To: [log in to unmask]

    Don't know yet who all might be able to
      come.... will discuss at Moot.

      -- Isadora

      On 2/8/2015 11:32 PM, Patricia Galbraith wrote:

      If you can use a non-fighter who's used to
        demo-talking, I can be there.  If you don't need me, just let me
        know.

          Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 23:19:14 -0600

          From: [log in to unmask]

          Subject: [MAGMOR] Cub Scout Demo on Friday, Feb 20

          To: [log in to unmask]

          Hi, Mag Mor  -- especially the fighters -- It's cub scout demo
          time!

          Here the basic info:

            Who:  Cub
                Scout Pack 59 serving Kahoa and Meadow Lane Elementary
                Schools.
            What:  An
                SCA fighting demo for their annual Blue and Gold Banquet
            When:
                  Friday, February 20.  Demo at about 7 pm, after their
                  dinner (which starts at 6:15 pm), meeting and award
                  distribution.
             Where:
                Kahoa Elementary School, 7700 Leighton Avenue. Specific
                room information to follow.  I expect it'll probably be
                a gym or a lunch room -- I will post the specific room
                soon.
            Contact:
                Sheryl Stine
            Details:
                The area is 55 ft long by 17 ft wide at this point, but
                can be made wider by remove a row of tables.  The
                ceilings are LOW -- 8 ft 3 inches!  No great swords in
                action at this demo!

          This sort of demo isn't a large time commitment -- probably 20
          minutes of actual demo and 10-15 minutes of Q&A. Mostly
          it's about showing up early enough to get geared up and be
          ready to "perform" on time, sharing some educational bits
          about our time period, and letting people know about the SCA
          -- locally and world-wide.  It works best if there's at least
          4 fighters and 1 emcee/narrator/speaker.  Showing off some of
          the more obvious, visual A&S stuff is fine -- some showy
          garb, a banner, etc.  The scouts themselves will be totally
          focused on the fighting, weapons and armor.  The parents may
          express more interest in non-fighting activities.  I'll make
          sure there are plenty of business cards to hand out with our
          web info.

          Please let me know if you are available to help.

          Isadora

      listserv.unl.edu lists do not accept incoming email from
      Yahoo.com, AOL.com or Dropbox.com due to thier DMARC policies.