Any advise appreciated.   Last week had to do clean install new OS onto 4 yr old iMac.  Yosemite - a Dreaded day.  It's pretty much all back working, (scanner, printers, wacom, Osirix, Firefox, etc.) but in Full from the CD reinstall - CS4 has lost the ability to place PSD files in AI.  It will take jpgs.  On start up, the program says "some plug ins have been updated" - restart to utilize, but restarting does nada.

Is there a third party plug in that facilitates that sort of file placing and keeping them linked?  I totally need that capability.  Adobe has told me before, on 2 occasions unrelated that they no longer support CS4 at all, so there is no sense asking them.  Help!

--
Taina Litwak
Litwak Illustration Studio

tel: 301-527-0569