Taina,

CS4 was a dog anyway ;)

You might read this forum for some help, but I don' think it will completely solve the problem:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1612105?start=40&tstart=0

A workaround for now is to save out the file as a PSD PDF.

You might also look at making sure JAVA for OS X is up to date. CS6 seems to work for most.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1610144

Britt