Yes I do something like this too. I put 2 cat beds on the table next to my computer. Why the big cat sleeps on the small bed and the little cat, in the big bed - I will never know.

Favorite spots are on top of the printer (which I made a fleece dust cover for) and on my Time Capsule (backup/router), which I'm surprised has never overheated.

Mine are "unintentional" cats. Both rescued - injured and starving - off the street. One was completely feral and fully grown. Now I can't get him off my lap.

I have plenty of pictures if you need them for your blog also pls let us know the URL!