Westlitters,
Hi, I've been asked to share this cfp for a new volume: *Critical Insights:
Southwestern Literature*.  If interested, reply to the editor, whose email
address is below, not to this list.   -Tom

 *Critical Insights: Southwestern Literature* will contain an introductory
chapter written by the editor, ten chapters providing critical readings of
the work of ten writers whose writing reflects the Southwestern region of
the United States, and four chapters that provide critical context by
offering an overview of important areas of study within the field of
Southwestern Literature.

Chapters should be written with an upper high school level and
undergraduate readership in mind.

Representative authors may include Leslie Marmon Silko, Sandra Cisneros,
Willa Cather, Cormac McCarthy, Tony Hillerman, Dagberto Gilb, Ana Castillo,
Denise Chavez, Rudolfo Anaya, and N. Scott Momaday. Areas of study within
the field of Southwestern Literature may include Native American
literature, Chicana/o literature, Ecocriticism, and Genre/History/Film.
(This last area of study remains flexible. What I envision for the book is
that the essays concerning the areas of study within the field of studies
will provide a representative overview of the different areas of critical
inquiry in Southwestern literature and the critical readings of the ten
writers will function as representative examples of the diversity of
writing within Southwestern literature.) Proposals focused on other writers
or other areas of study within the Southwest region, are very much welcome
and may be considered, though.

As far as additional information about the project goes, most of the essays
will be 5,000 words in length and a contract and slight stipend is involved
($250.00 for most, or all, essays). Since the book will be developed by
Grey House Publishing and marketed under the Salem Press brand, Grey House
Publishing will take care of these matters. This is, of course,
peer-reviewed—and requested.

Completed critical context essays will be due to the volume editor on Friday,
May 1, 2015 and completed critical reading essays will be due to the volume
editor on Friday, May 15, 2015. For those interested in contributing to
this volume, I’m asking that people let me know as soon as possible and no
later than Monday, March 2, 2015. Notifications of acceptance will go out
by Monday, March, 23, 2015. I’m also requesting that contributors provide
me with a 250-500 word abstract of your eventual chapter submission and a
short biographical statement and/or CV with complete contact information
including full name, preferred mailing address and zip code, and preferred
email address. I must forward these documents to the Managing Editor at
Grey House Publishing.

Please feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
with your reply, and also any additional questions or suggestions. If you
know of any other scholars or colleagues who might be interested in
participating in the project, I ask that you share with them the attached
CFP.

Thanks,

Will

William Brannon, Ph.D.

Professor of English
Collin College

---
Tom Lynch
Professor
Chair, Undergraduate Studies
Editor, *Western American Literature*
Department of English
202 Andrews Hall
P.O. Box 880333
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Lincoln, NE  68588-0333 <[log in to unmask]>
* Our lives are frittered away by e-mail * - H. D. Thoreau

*New Books:*
*The Bioregional Imagination: Literature, Ecology, Place
<http://www.ugapress.org/index.php/books/the_bioregional_imagination>*
*Artifacts & Illuminations: Critical Essays on Loren Eiseley
<http://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/product/Artifacts-and-Illuminations,674965.aspx>*

Homepage <http://english.unl.edu/tlynch2/>
Faculty Page <http://english.unl.edu/faculty/profs/tlynch.html>