Hello all,

I am writing to ask a favor of you in distributing the following information to graduate students. We are currently offering a Specialty Course titled Ecology and Evolution of Coleoptera. Although the deadline has passed, we still have some spaces available.

Ecology and Evolution of Coleoptera (Beetles)

This three week course is oriented towards graduate students interested in intense training in the collection, identification and inquiry-based research on the largest order of insects, Coleoptera. Single site diversity in tropical rain forests, such as those in Costa Rica, has been estimated to be as high as 14,000 species. The study of beetles (including some of the largest and most beautiful of all insects) is not only fascinating, but economically important because the order includes numerous harmful as well as beneficial species that affect agriculture, forestry and man.
Coordinators: Christopher Carlton<http://www.lsuagcenter.com/en/communications/authors/ccarlton.htm>, Richard Leschen<http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/home>, Nathan Lord, and Victoria Bayless.
Course duration: 3 weeks (June 5-24, 2015)
Credits: 2.0
Application Deadline: February 3, 2015 for priority consideration, followed by rolling admission until fully enrolled.

Thank you,

Andrés Santana
Graduate Program Coordinator
Organization for Tropical Studies