Stefan

I make a whole lot of different instruments, and I can get good notes on almost all of them (it's why I don't do a lot of double reeds, I can't play them well enough to set them up and thus need to work around my 'expert's' schedules).

I play a reasonable amount of them passably enough to be able to teach a bit about them in lectures and to make sure they work well, and I play a few of them pretty well indeed.  But I am more skilled as a builder than a performer.

I am writing, as I build, small page or two informational articles about the instruments - history, construction, special features, a bit about playing, hopefully I will have it compiled into a digital reference compendium on these instruments that is good enough to be interesting and to teach and short enough to actually be read.  I post these little things about once a month onto our local Grimfells mailing list, and they are being collected by a few folks.  I don't care who collects them as long as they don't try to take credit for my mistakes - I use what I write sometimes as pseudo-copyright on my designs and techniques, and that might have business benefits one day.  I don't mind when it gets done sending you a copy of it, but it will be less in the performing arts category as in the technical arts, music subcategory.  And I have my www.nogy.net site where I present many of my insturment projects in a teaching mann! er.  It is not academic research, but useful nonetheless to the collection of hobbyist and tinkerers here in the SCA.  You are welcome to any and all of it you can make sense of, and once it is truly organized, you are welcome to collect and present that as well.

Kaz