Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-5020
509-335-8234

On Mar 31, 2015, at 10:00 AM, Folsom, Ed wrote:

Dear Andy and Amanda,

Many thanks for and congratulations on the new issue of SE.  You two are performing an amazing service with this publication, and the projects are without fail fascinating and impressive.  I’m very much looking forward to diving into the Lowell “Letter from a Volunteer in Saltillo” edition.  I know readers don’t always bother writing to those who make the reading possible, so I just wanted to let you know there are grateful readers out here who greatly admire what you’re up to.

Best,
Ed

Ed Folsom
Roy J. Carver Professor of English, The University of Iowa
Editor, Walt Whitman Quarterly Review (http://ir.uiowa.edu/wwqr/)
Co-Director, Walt Whitman Archive (www.whitmanarchive.org)
Editor, Whitman Series, University of Iowa Press
308 EPB, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242-1492

From: Digital Americanists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Jewell
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2015 Scholarly Editing Publication and 2016 CFP

We are pleased to announce the publication of the newest issue of Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing (vol. 36, 2015), online at www.scholarlyediting.orgScholarly Editing publishes peer-reviewed editions of primary source materials of cultural significance while continuing the tradition of publishing articles and reviews about scholarly editing. This year, we have introduced a new feature, "Reflections on the Editor's Craft," where we will publish the views of experienced editors on practical aspects of editing. As always, the editions represent diverse materials from a variety of fields, and this year we present editions of a nineteenth-century American manuscript drama; an antislavery poem's circulation and recreation through nineteenth-century American newspaper reprintings; a sixteenth-century Italian play; and a twentieth century experimental autobiography presented in a provocatively nonlinear, interactive edition. We are pleased not only to present editors with a rigorously peer-reviewed publication platform, but also to share fascinating documents from cultural history with the reading public. All of this material is available freely online and is completely open-access. Please see below for our call for editions and articles for next year's issue, as well as the full table of contents for the 2015 issue.

Amanda Gailey ([log in to unmask]) and Andrew Jewell ([log in to unmask]
Editors, Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing

INVITING EDITION PROPOSALS AND ARTICLES FOR THE 2016 ISSUE OF SCHOLARLY EDITING
Scholarly Editing invites proposals for the 2016 issue. Many scholars know fascinating texts that deserve to be edited thoughtfully and imaginatively, and we offer a venue to turn this knowledge into sustainable, peer-reviewed publications that will enrich the digital record of our cultural heritage. If you are interested in editing a small-scale digital edition, we want to hear from you. Proposals for the 2016 issue are due by May 15, 2015. Please see details for submitting a proposal at www.scholarlyediting.org/se.about.html.

We also welcome submissions of articles discussing any aspect of the theory or practice of editing, print or digital. Articles must be submitted by September 14, 2015, to be considered for the 2016 issue. Please see details at www.scholarlyediting.org/se.about.html.

CONTENTS for VOLUME 36, 2015
Introduction to Volume 36 of Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing by Amanda Gailey (University of Nebraska–Lincoln) and Andrew Jewell (University of Nebraska–Lincoln)

Editions
Essays
Reviews