Wow- thanks for the help Jeremy, Britt and Nicole! The links provided for
further research are really helpful- this has given me a great starting
spot to working this out.

Britt- thank you for your detailed explanation- its very useful. That's
also a good tip about doubling the time required to do the work- from the
projects I have done so far, I have found I'm usually way underestimating
how long it will take to do!

Nicolle- thanks for the links- the ami one is really useful! I also do tend
to feel guilty charging for illustrations I have done, but that is a good
point about bringing down price expectations for other people- its a good
thing to keep reminding myself!! I will also look up the other book you
mentioned- sounds good!

Thanks so much again for all of your help- I see I have a bit of work to do
on this but your tips are invaluable, this list-serv has been such a help
over the last few months!

Kind regards,
Emma