From: Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Mar 5, 2015 10:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Diego Rivera drawings restored for March exhibit

The Detroit Institute of Arts upcoming exhibit "Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo in Detroit," which opens March 1, will include 8 "cartoons", preparatory drawings for his 27-panel mural "Detroit Industry". The drawings are 83 years old and were discovered rolled up in the basement.

See the Detroit Free Press article on the cartoons' restoration:
http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/arts/2015/02/20/rivera-kahlo-detroit-industry-murals-dia/23710669/

The murals are magnificent.

Gail

--