If it's not a "special" specimen, for example, new species or something
that will need to be closely reexamined, I glue the genitalia directly on
the point holding the specimen. I position it on top and about halfway
between the pin and the specimen. I use DMHF which dries clear. If you use
enough you can encase the genitalia in a "bubble" but they stay completely
visible. You can also "float" them off with alcohol without disturbing the
specimen at the end of the point.

Mike