Heterodox Economics Newsletter

Issue 179 April 20, 2015 web pdf Heterodox Economics Directory

Within the last weeks we expanded our social media outreach by adding a spectacular Facebook account to the virtual assets of the Heterodox Economics Newsletter. The main aim is to increase the visibility of the Heterodox Economics Newsletter as well as the associated community of researchers - so please like it. Many thanks go to Florian Springholz, the Newsletter's unfatiguing assistant editor, for implementing this service. As always, the Newsletter's Facebook account will be concise and mainly point to current issues of the Newsletter.

Having said that, I wanted to add that I have been recently approached with the idea to create an inclusive platform for organizing informal online discussions on heterodox economics. While several such tools are already established and mostly connected to a specific heterodox tradition/association or specific research contexts (like international political economy or the history of economic thought), what is really lacking is an inclusive platform bringing together these variants strands of research to allow for an informal debate on theoretical and empirical issues in heterodox economics. So, if anyone out there is interested in creating such a platform (the technical requirements for this are straightforward and not too demanding), just contact me - I would readily promote such a service in this Newsletter and potentially also provide some help in setting this up!

All the Best,

Jakob

© public domain

Table of contents