Actually, sure you could.  I have even seen cordials made with read hots
and butterscotch candy. BUT, BUT, BUT, you would not have as much
control over the sugar to fruit ratio and you may end up with too sweet
and too little fruit flavor. In addition, jams and jellies are made with
the intention that they get thick.  This is done by intentionally
maximizing, and or intentionally selecting fruits or fruit parts in a
condition of ripeness where they have the most pectin and even more
often pectin is added as in chemical form.  The additional pectin may
give an odd mouth feel and cause cloudiness.  Conversely, Pectin
destroying enzymes are often added to wine to help extract flavor and to
help the wine to be clear.