Actually, sure you could.  I have even seen cordials made with read hots and butterscotch candy. BUT, BUT, BUT, you would not have as much control over the sugar to fruit ratio and you may end up with too sweet and too little fruit flavor.  In addition, jams and jellies are made with the intention that they get thick.  This is done by intentionally maximizing, and or intentionally selecting fruits or fruit parts in a condition of ripeness where they have the most pectin and even more often pectin is added as in chemical form.  The additional pectin may give an odd mouth feel and cause cloudiness.  Conversely, Pectin destroying enzymes are often added to wine to help extract flavor and to help the wine to be clear.