Well it's the same day as the Mayweather vs Paquio fight, but luckily the demo will be over by fight time ;-)

I should be able to be there for fighting.

JM

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 08:49:25 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Demo at Elmwood Shakespeare Festival on May 2nd
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi, Mag Mor folk and friends.

The second Elmwood Shakespeare Festival is on May 2nd, from 11 am to 3 pm.  They've requested and we've agreed to participate again this year.  Think JAV but on a much lesser scale.  We'll have one sunshade [and some tree shade] for people to demonstrate an art or craft. We'll set up a list field and do the standard small tournament/small melee fighting.  And we'll be helping the Elmwood folk with their own photo booth (our photo garb/accessories - their photographer and photo equipment).

I'm thinking we'll want demo crew in two "waves." The first "wave" will meet in Elmwood around 9 an to set up  the list field, sunshade, tables, etc. by 10:30 am.  The second "wave" of additional people doing activities -- fighting, A&S, etc. -- should plan to arrive soon enough that they can be ready to roll by 11 am....  you know how long you need to prepare, but plan on needing an extra 15 minutes!

There will be food venders at the festival or you can pack your own.  Happily, this year's event is only planned for a total of 4 hours, so this won't take your whole day.

Wear late-ish period garb if you have access to some, but don't no big deal if you don't!  My biggest concern right now is that we have enough fighters -- I'll be contacting all the MM fighters personally to see who can make it.  It would be best if we had at least eight, ten would be better.   If fighters from Lonely Tower would like to participate, too, that would be great!  If fighters need to make a choice between fighting at the JAV Renfair on May 16th OR this demo, the please fight at JAV -- that's where you'll be most needed.

Please let me know if -- and in what capacity -- you can help with the Shakespeare festival. Thank you!
Oh, and I'll post directions to Elmwood in the next couple of days.

-- Isadora