Ingeborg,
I'm kind of binging on blackwork right now, so I hope you don't mind my commenting in spite of my not being "local-ish." :-)
The edging of the cuffs can be done with a blanket (buttonhole) stitch.  The decorations would be done in double running stitch (here's a link to a rudimentary tutorial: http://www.nordicneedle.net/2011/04/22/holbein-double-running-stitch/ )  Diagramming the specific pattern that you want to mimic is, in my opinion, the only hard part.  I would be happy to try to diagram it for you, but this might be something that might be better done by someone "local-ish."  I hope my comments at least give you somewhere to start! :-)
Sincerely,Beatrix