I'll be curious to hear this too. i have several apps for drawing on the
iPad, all tout their wonderful features, but beyond sketching, I haven't
yet created more than clunky output. That may be my lack of expertise
and experience using the apps, however.

Using one's finger is fun but inexact; a good stylus is nicer, I just
got one but haven't had a chance to use it extensively.

Gail

On 4/22/15 2:45 PM, Sara Taliaferro wrote:
> Dear Folks,
>
> One of my students asked if I use or know of anyone who uses an app
> on their iPad to do illustration work. I replied that I knew of
> people who liked to take the iPad on trips and sketch with it, but I
> was not aware that anyone produced scientific illustrations for
> publication on their iPads. She is teetering on the brink of buying
> an Intuos pad, which is what I would suggest.
>
> How would you have advised her (or me)? Am I so "last generation" in
> my thinking?
>
> Most sincerely,
> Sara

Gail Guth