Thanks Em, very interesting info!

Gail

On 4/14/15 4:22 PM, Emily Coren wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Hi Gail,
I use it for distribution and audience building. For example, I want people to see the art on my blog/website, but unless in promoting it, it's just a static page. About every third time I post on Twitter, it'll get 'retweeted' and new people get to see my art. Of those, I get a few new followers per retweet. The net affect, over time is that I'm building a community of people who like my work. Most of those are not people in my geographic region, or people who would have otherwise seen my illustrations. It's kinda fascinating as a mechanism.

As Glendon and Mieke have pointed out, it's also a knowledge base. For example, one of my new twitter followers is a CDC researcher, and now I'm developing a series of content with her. It looks like it'll be a great story.

~Em