Glad this was brought up. R&Co are great for the price but I agree, they don't have anywhere near the spring the old W/N Series 7s do. Phooey!! Has anyone tried David Jackson's brushes? He's on FB, have always wanted to try some. Just curious! He makes some interesting styles but I don't know how they would hold up to intense watercolor use.

Kathy G

On Apr 17, 2015, at 4:10 PM, Karen Ackoff wrote:

> I've tried Isabey brushes and find that they have very little spring. Haven't tried to Escoda but they're on my list. K
>

> On Apr 17, 2015, at 3:40 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry to hear that, Karen.  Have you tried Isabey or Escoda?
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Some observations…
>>
>> Received my order of brushes from Rosemary & Company. I find their Series 323 the closest to Winsor & Newton Series 7 Miniature. They have very sharp points and keep their points nicely. However, they do not keep their shape as you paint. When I make a stroke the brush "bends" slightly and then stays in that shape (similar to synthetic watercolor brushes I have used in the past). It does not spring back (like W&N Series 7). I will keep using the brushes to see if they improve with use, but as is, it is kind of annoying to have to keep reshaping the point between strokes.
>>
>> I still can't find a brush I consider comparable to the W&N Series 7 brushes. I'll keep trying.

>> --
>> Bruce Bartrug
>> Nobleboro, Maine, USA
>> www.brucebartrug.com
>>
>> •The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.  - Albert Einstein
>> •In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King

Kathleen Garness

home: 708-366-7584
cel: 708-698-6159 (weekends)
http://asba-art.org/member-gallery/kathleen-marie-garness