I wondered about that, Mieke, but I have never seen that type of flock before either with species nor numbers. And probably never will, of course.
It's a good question.

I'd like to see that Project Passenger Pigeon DVD, Diana, thanks.

It is awfully slick footage, Britt. Seamless video without the flicker of historical footage. But again that can be reduced nowadays.

There is somewhere in my memory historical film footage of massive flocks like this and I can't recall off the top of my head. Not this particular footage, mind, but this tread from careful observers and researchers such as yourselves has now stimulated my curiosity. Thanks!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615