Congratulations on your commission. I was not aware they reached up that far, either. That's really interesting.
Cheers and Happy spring!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538

On Apr 3, 2015, at 11:07 AM, Barry K. MacKay wrote:

I saw it last year and Iím pretty sure that someone said it was computer generated imagery.  It may be based on images of Mourning Doves (although Iíd guess not) constantly replicated, but it is sure well done.

I have been asked to illustrate the Passenger Pigeon for a book on the birds of Nunavut, which surprised me.  But not only is there one confirmed record, apparently there are good records for them nesting in the northern, boreal forests up in Northern Ontario, something that we donít hear about.  They were not entirely beech-mast climax forest dependent.

Barry