Nothing to add, Karen, but hoping that you might consider sharing all, or parts, of your lecture with us when it is finished.  Best of luck on Thursday.
Jane

From: Karen Reeds
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 10:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Lecture and exhibition, Karen Reeds, "Old Herbals, New Readers" Rutgers, New Brunswick NJ, Thursday April 9

Forgive this bit of self-publicity.

I'm still writing the lecture -- if you as an illustrator have ever applied something you've noticed from looking at herbals (any period)  to your own work,  I'd like very much to hear about it.

Many thanks for all I learn from lurking on this list,

Karen    4/7/2015
Karen Reeds

"Old Herbals, New Readers"
Karen Reeds, PhD, FLS
29th Annual Louis Faugères Bishop III Lecture
Scholarly Communication Center Teleconference Lecture Hall, Fourth Floor
Alexander Library, Rutgers-College Avenue Campus
New Brunswick NJ
Thursday, April 9, 2015, 4 pm

Dr. Karen Reeds, F.L.S. a Harvard-trained historian of science and medicine, delivers the 29th annual Bishop Lecture on April 9 at 4 p.m. at the Alexander Library at Rutgers University–New Brunswick. She draws upon examples of early herbals in the Rutgers University Libraries' rare book collections to examine the continuing appeal of these medical books across the centuries. This event coincides with the opening of a major exhibition, The Art of Healing: Early Herbals from the Rutgers University Libraries . For more information or to RSVP, please see
http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/news/old-herbals-new-readers-29th-annual-bishop-lecture-april-9-2015