Karen,

Would you consider presenting your talk at the annual Guild meeting this summer?  Its not too far from you at Arcadia University in Glenside, PA

Liz Lockett
Traditional Programs, GNSI 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Karen Reeds <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Forgive this bit of self-publicity.

I'm still writing the lecture -- if you as an illustrator have ever applied something you've noticed from looking at herbals (any period)  to your own work,  I'd like very much to hear about it.

Many thanks for all I learn from lurking on this list,

Karen    4/7/2015
Karen Reeds

"Old Herbals, New Readers"
Karen Reeds, PhD, FLS
29th Annual Louis Faugères Bishop III Lecture
Scholarly Communication Center Teleconference Lecture Hall, Fourth Floor
Alexander Library, Rutgers-College Avenue Campus
New Brunswick NJ
Thursday, April 9, 2015, 4 pm

Dr. Karen Reeds, F.L.S. a Harvard-trained historian of science and medicine, delivers the 29th annual Bishop Lecture on April 9 at 4 p.m. at the Alexander Library at Rutgers University–New Brunswick. She draws upon examples of early herbals in the Rutgers University Libraries' rare book collections to examine the continuing appeal of these medical books across the centuries. This event coincides with the opening of a major exhibition, The Art of Healing: Early Herbals from the Rutgers University Libraries . For more information or to RSVP, please see
http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/news/old-herbals-new-readers-29th-annual-bishop-lecture-april-9-2015