Sorry I don't have any Ampersand board on hand to measure.  But their web page states 1/8-inch.

http://www.ampersandart.com/claybord.html

On Apr 12, 2015, at 4:44 PM, Geoff Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Karen,

                     I’ve never seen this product here in Australia but then I haven’t been looking. I don’t draw much at work traditionally anymore and have plenty of old supplies. I’m about to run a small demonstration/workshop for friends in the Studio West End http://studiowestend.com/ and information on supplies is interesting.

Can you tell us how thick the masonite backing is? I worry about masonite with acids leaching out of the lignin but looking at the Ampersand site their hardboard looks pretty good.

http://www.ampersandart.com/tips/archivalinfo.html

Essdee’s backing was not acid free anyway.

Cheers,

Geoff